We're delighted to announce that the first release by the Hangover Lounge label, a 6-track 10” ep of exclusive acoustic recordings by acts who’ve played at the club, is out now featuring:
• Allo Darlin’ - Tallulah (this live favourite is a hymn to the wonder of The Go-Betweens and old friends)
• Amor de Dias - New Wine (Alasdair Maclean of The Clientele and Lupe Nunez-Fernandez of Pipas’s new band)
• Hacia Dos Veranos - The Cat and the Cucumber (Maurice Deebank-era Felt recreated in Argentina)
• The Middle Ones - Goodnight Song (gloriously amateur in the spirit of Melody Dog)
• The Motifs - Envelopes (deceptively simple Australian pop)
• The Claim - Old (their first new material in 18 years)
Did we mention that Pam Berry designed and printed the sleeve? No? Well, she did.
We're streaming a song from the ep each day from Monday 16 August. Of course, it's likely that you're a big fan of at least one of those bands and don't care about hearing it before you buy, in which case paypal £7 (UK) £8 (Europe) £10 (US) or £11 (Aus/NZ) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can buy the record at our free launch gig on August 22, starring Elizabeth Allo Darlin' rocking it solo, Amor de Dias rockin' it gently, and White Town rockin' up to join the party.