Saturday 1 October 2011

Harvey Williams, Rachael Dadd, Jack Cheshire: Live at the Lounge, October 9th

On October 9th, we'll be delighted to welcome some more live music to the Lounge! This time it's a triple-bill, and as ever it'll start early-ish. PLEASE be there by 3pm to catch the fun. Also as ever, it's all free and all hand-picked for YOU by US.

Here's who's playing:

HARVEY WILLIAMS

Harvey's been a favourite musician of mine for knocking on a quarter of a century now, and I'm delighted that he's agreed to a grace us with a rare live appearance. I remember someone once saying that he hits the perfect mid-point of Vic Godard and Victoria Wood. Looks like he'll be guitar-based for this show, so the chances are we won't get to hear this, one of my faves from his last LP:



RACHAEL DADD

Rachael's making her own path through the modern young people's folk world, I don't think anyone does it quite like her, and she's quietly made what amounts to a stack of brilliant records. I've seen her play many times and she's never failed to amaze. I can't wait to hear her off-mic.



JACK CHESHIRE

Jack's a relative new one on me, but I saw his amazing show to launch his recent LP "Copenhagen" at the Slaughtered Lamb a few months back, and immediately started nagging him to come and play. This should give you the idea:


See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment